Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

March 21, 2008

She Likes Him!

Finally, Reese thinks her Daddy is cool. It started about 2 weeks ago. Leland kept Reese on Sunday evening while the kids and I went to church. I expected a frantic phone call at some point begging me to come home. But instead they had played and eaten and played some more while we were gone. Since then, Reese doesn't mind going to her Daddy. Leland was even able to walk with her out of the room I was in. That is amazing. She has napped with him several times and even slept with him with me nearby the other night. I am so glad we have finally made a turn. This has been a long awaited day. :)

In other news, we had all sorts of company this week. Our friends Reuben and Shannon arrived on Monday afternoon. We cooked some awesome fajitas and then went out for ice cream. Tuesday we had big plans, but the torrential rains foiled those. Shannon and I attempted the Parks Mall nearby but didn't buy anything. Wednesday we all went to Frisco to experience Ikea and Sam Moon. Leland gave us a hard time for driving all that way and not buying anything. But if you have been to either, you know that it is the experience that makes the trip worth it. That afternoon my brother Tyler and his family arrived. They were on their way to Harding University for Spring Sing and made our house the half way stop. We enjoyed an evening of playing and chatting. Everyone left by noon on Thursday. I took a nap soon there after - I was exhausted. So today we are just hanging out at home by ourselves. I bought some eggs and dye yesterday so we will be coloring eggs here soon. We have enjoyed our spring break and it isn't even over.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations Leland! You've arrived.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Reese -- and Leland -- and you!! It seems we all eventualy decide her daddy's pretty cool ;)

Anonymous said...

oops, I forgot to sign -- love you Mom

Connie said...

Yeah for Leland! Yeah, too, for Sam Moon - one of my favorite places to shop!