Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

July 27, 2009

Another fun weekend

We have had so much fun this summer. We have either been on the go, or we've had people visiting us. Since my last post, it hasn't changed.

After our yearbook reunion, we went to Great Wolf Lodge for a night. We had a blast. The kids loved the water and all they offer there. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures (I was wet of course). But it was fun.

Then a few days after that excursion, Scott Prather and a few of his youth group came to town. He had 7 teens and his son with him. Leland and I joined them on Monday night for the Rangers game and then they all went to Six Flags the next day. We enjoyed our visit with Scott and the kids enjoyed playing with Will.

At the same time, our kids were participating in VBS at Cedar Hill where our friend Donna attends church. That congregation goes all out, so the kids really enjoyed it. They learned about Abraham, David, Jesus birth & Jesus death. It was a good week for them.

Then Leland headed to College Station to be a presenter at a journalism workshop. Late Friday afternoon, I decided we should go join him (he had a hotel room to himself). The kids and I had a great weekend. Saturday we drove to Brenham and met my brother and his family there. We let the kids play at a park before eating at a local sandwich shop/ice cream parlor. Then we traveled back to College Station to try out the Children's Museum. We stayed 2 1/2 hours! It was a hands-on museum that had many different stations. We went to Fazolis for supper (I so miss that place) and Ryland said, "What a great day we've had." :) On Sunday we swam for a while in the morning and then went to meet and visit with one of my father-in-law's friends. The kids enjoyed playing with their granddaughters toys so it was a nice break. We then went to The Bounce - a place full of bounce houses. Of course, the kids had a blast. Reese was a little unsure at first, but with Ryland's help, she began having fun also. We saw Leland briefly before heading back home. It was a very fun weekend.

So now, I have a deadline Friday so I'll be working lots this week. It will be nice to slow down for bit before we go again. So on to the pictures.




Cousins: Reese, Keynan, Parker, Ryland, Raylee
























1 comment:

Laura said...

I rarely comment these days, but I wanted you to know I still read and enjoy staying caught up with your family. And I especially love the pics.