Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

June 05, 2008

Monday and Tuesday I felt like I was just hopping constantly. Monday morning the girls and I went to pick up our friend Donna from the airport. From there we went shopping. I had to exchange some things at 3 different stores that Grandma's had sent to the kids. We ate lunch in between store hopping also. After dropping Donna at her house, we ran to the doctor. Reese had her 1 year check-up and shots.

Side note - Reese checked out fine. The doctor thought her a mystery since she came into this world so big (9 lbs 3 oz) in the 90th% and a year later is so small (18 lbs 3 oz) in the 10th%. She looks proportional so he's not worried about her as long as she keeps growing. She must have gotten the petite gene from my grandmother. :) She was a trooper through the shots also.

Tuesday Donna came and got the girls so that I could join Ryland with his end of school stuff. He had a program at 8:45 where they sang some silly songs and then gave out awards. Ryland got the Library and Citizenship awards. From there all the kindergartners at his school went to a park in town - for 3 1/2 hours! We mom's helped with their sack lunches and snacks. They all had a good time though playing in the sand, on the playground, with sidewalk chalk, bubbles and so on. I skipped out for a bit to run to my office to do payroll. I then made it back to Ryland's school in time for the buses to arrive with the kindergartners. I stayed in the classroom for a bit while Ryland ate his cookies. We then headed to pick up the girls. Ryland crashed very quickly. He slept in the car and then on the bed for about 3 hours - he was tired. We all cleaned up and ate supper at the Cracker Barrel before going to a local hotel to meet up with my brother Mitch and his family. We enjoyed visiting with them and playing in the pool and water play area.

Reese with her cousin Jacey. Jacey is 2 1/2 months younger than Reese. They were so cute together. We had intentions of getting a picture with all 3 girls, but Raylee wasn't cooperating at the same time the babies were - maybe next time.


Yesterday Donna took all three kids for the day so that I could get caught up on some work. It was nice to actually stay home. :) Leland has a teacher workday today and then he is finished. I'm looking forward to having my boys home with me this summer - and to have the extra help with the girls. :)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Is that a picture of you in shorts? *gasp* I can't believe it!

I'm glad you survived end of school and that Ryland had a fun-filled, if exhausting last day :) Yea for summer!

Oh, and Reese and Jacey look so adorable together. I haven't seen a pic of Jacey in a really long time...my, she's grown!

Harmony said...

Oh my - that's not me in the pic of Ryland getting dumped with water. That is one of Mitch's teens. I was wearing shorts to swim in but they were MUCH longer than that. So no gasping today. :)