Ryland doesn't seem to get much blog time. I'm just with the girls more and have more stories about them most of the time. So here's a Ryland bit.
My Ryland is just growing up so quickly. He is learning to read. He starts having spelling tests this Friday (isn't that crazy!). He is really catching on to numbers. He loves them. He loves to count, add, subtract, anything with numbers. I think he's got more my brain than Leland's in that area. :) He is just such a big kid these days. That does come with some issues though. He is trying to figure out when his opinion and independentness is appropriate. But that is normal I'm sure. We have already had to have a discussion about kissing girls. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised - I was kissing boys in 2nd grade. :) We are learning how to deal with issues right along with him. I guess that's what stinks about being the oldest. Poor Ryland is being raised by 2 oldest children so he doesn't have much of a chance. He is just such a great kid though. He and Leland got their hairs cut last Saturday. The stylist did Ry's where the front part stood up. He loved it. He had to show me as soon as they got home. He then wanted it done like that for church on Sunday. Leland said he told everyone to look at his new hairdo. He then was soooo excited to style it again that way on Monday for school. Leland picked him up on Monday and his teacher was the one that brought him to the car. As soon as she opened the door she said "I LOVE his new hairdo" with a wink. I'm sure he pointed it out to everyone again. He is just so much fun. He loves both of his sisters dearly. He really enjoys helping take care of Reese. Raylee tends to annoy him sometimes since she is old enough to get into his stuff. But they also play well together. This is a fun age for Ryland. Watching him learn and grow is a joy.
January 09, 2008
All about Ryland
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
So does the spiked hair pull his face into goofy contortions??? :) It is cute -- no wonder all the girls want to kiss him!! Kissing boys from second through fourth grades??? Halloween queen second through fourth grade. Hmmmm...... ;) -- Mom
He looks SO cute!.... Kendall had that same spiked hair right in front (w/ gel) when he was in elementary school, he was always quite popular with the girls, too! It has been fun to keep up with you & Leland (and his beloved Master Key) and your growing kiddos via the blog (since we don't see you anymore in Big Spring). Keep up the blogging!
Terri
Awww...he looks like such a big kid! Kissing??? Ahh! How funny about him being excited over the new "'do." I love it :) I miss that kid! Love y'all...
Post a Comment