Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

March 01, 2007

Life Update

Wow, what a week. I can't believe it is already March. Time is just flying for me lately. There just seems to be so much to do and get done and not enough time to do it in. And I hear it only gets worse with age. I'm going to blink and my kids will be out of school. Wow.

Well, we are all doing well. Raylee has done well with her allergy meds. She still throws up periodically from coughing too much but it is definitely better than it was. She is also starting to say more words. I had always expected her to be an early talker but she just communicates without words very well so words haven't been a priority to her.

Ryland is growing up too quickly lately. He gets totally ready in the mornings by himself (he enjoys telling everyone he can brush his own teeth). He's trying so hard to be good all the time. He wants to eat only things that are good for you (thanks to Carlos on the cartoons). He is so loving and precious. Even this evening after finishing supper he said that he was tired so he was going to go to bed to get some sleep. My baby is growing up!

Leland and his staff were finally able to finish a newspaper. The student computers are still not up (the technology people took all the hard drives today) so he is having to get very creative with keeping his kids busy since it has been two weeks now of bad computers. But maybe they will be up and running like normal soon.

I had a big deadline today at work. I always get lots of little things accomplished on deadline days since I need to be available for any random thing my boss needs me to do. And as always I had to fly down to the post office to make the final mail pickup with the last few tax returns that had to be postmarked today. The last hour of a deadline day is always the craziest.

March brings several exciting things to our world. Lion King the musical is first up. We went to see it in Houston last summer on vacation and Ryland fell in love with it. He has been begging since to see it again. When we saw that it would be in Austin we decided to make the trip. So over Spring Break (after my next major deadline) we and some friends of ours are headed to Austin for the show and some playing. We are all looking forward to the trip. It will be a nice little get-away before the baby arrives. At the end of the month is Distrist UIL for Leland. He enjoys the UIL season so much and loves winning (which they do all/most of the time). So district is very exciting for them.

Speaking of the baby, she is doing fine also. She is not a very busy girl but does move around enough. Lately she likes to push her head over on my right side. Today I finally had to gently push her back in because it was hurting having such a hard head trying to push out. I can tell though that I've hit the 3rd trimester. Sleeping is becoming much more difficult and my belly is getting heavy. But it should be less than 3 months now so the clock is ticking.

Life as always is busy and crazy but we have really enjoyed our family time lately. The kids are at such fun ages. They enjoy playing with each other and with their dad (wrestling mainly). We just keep trying to not get too bogged down with the huge to-do list and take each item and each day one at a time.

Sorry for no pictures. I have a different camera and don't have the cord to it yet. Hopefully I can get my pictures off of it soon to share.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm glad you survived the week! What a crazy time of year for you.

How funny about Ryland. That kid always cracks me up. I love that he only wants to eat things that are good for him. Does he realize that means no chocolate?? Anyway, that's really awesome that he can get himself completely ready. What a good thing for you, especially when the new baby gets here. I can't believe it's three months away. Are you sure you've been pregnant for that long? Ha!

Klamfam said...

I am glad Raylee is doing better. Ryland is so cute. He needs to come give eating habits to Kalin!
3 mo!!! Wow, you are one brave girl, I can barely keep tabs on 2!